Polarbase is the northernmost supply base in NorSea Group’s network of bases along the Norwegian coast. The location of Polarbase with its access to nearby technical, logistical and medical services makes it an ideal partner for any kind of exploration for oil and gas activity in the Barents Area.
Polarbase has been the supply base for operators engaged in exploration and production drilling in the Barents Sea since 1980.
Polarbase’s location on the edge of the Barents Sea makes it an important participant for the ongoing and future development in this Area.
Polarbase provide skilled personnel and established working procedures to meet the customers demand for solutions and quality. With over 30 years experience as a supply base, Polarbase has built up a highly skilled staff for the industry.
The film, Hammerfest - Gateway to the Barents Sea, includes great footage from Polarbase. Watch it here.
- 520.000 m2 outside base area
- 38.000 m2 of indoors area
- 1500 m2 office facilities
- 550 m of quay structure, from 10 - 22 meter Depths
- Floating quays; 3 x 40m long with 7m. Depth
- Statoil MGO marine diesel and LNG natural gas
CERTIFICATES & QUALIFICATIONS
- ISPS approved port facilities
- NS-EN ISO 9001:2008 Quality System
- NS-EN ISO Environmental Management System14001:2004
- NOG 091
For more information about Polarbase, visit: www.polarbase.no